Alternate TV/cable antenna?

I found the above in a box of cables & am wondering if I used it on my tube type tv, would it get tv programs?

You might - - *IF* the rf signal is strong. That is no better that the'50-'60s rabbit-ears on the set top.

You can use an outdoor/rooftop mounted antenna for best OTA (over the air) reception. Internet is currently a no-go as a complete substitute for OTA live content unfortunately. Only select streams/live broadcast are available currently in the US, with the exception of NYC anyway (Aereo service).

You can use an outdoor/rooftop mounted antenna for best OTA (over the air) reception. Internet is currently a no-go as a complete substitute for OTA live content unfortunately. Only select streams/live broadcast are available currently in the US, with the exception of NYC anyway (Aereo service).
I don't understand "Internet is currently a no-go as a complete substitute for OTA live content unfortunately", but no biggie. I simply wanted to know what the cord was, I got the answer so thank you to one & all. :)

I believe that because of the change to HD format you will still need the converter connected to your tube TV. Although even a fork stuck into the back of the coax input will pick up some channels (yes I have seen that), they are modulated into the over the air HD signal - and hency why I think that your Tube TV will need the converter.

Back