Alternative to Norton Ghost, Acronis, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

deki

Hello,
Are there any alternatives to the Norton Ghost, Acronis and other image creation software?
I need something (Software or Procedure) that is better, faster and more reliable.

Hmm. The only alternative to "everything" is "nothing". Ghost+Acronis+other means every cloning program in existence and the only alternatives to those would be the cloning programs not in existence :)

How can anything be faster? The drive copying speed is mostly limited by your hardware, not the software. Actually, Ghost is one of the fastest cloning tools around, because it only compies the actual file data, not the entire disk contents.

And what do you mean by "more reliable"?

I think there is no alternative for this products.Acronis is very reliable.It seems that you will not find the better one.

Char_X said:
I think there is no alternative for this products.Acronis is very reliable.It seems that you will not find the better one.
This has been my experience as well.

ditto.. Acronis is the best I've used. Pretty fast for daily backups.. What you need to do is a differential or incremental backup to speed things up and backup only changed data from last backup.

Ghost is always giving me problems, it doesnt read all the USB port, it hangs during the image creation,when I try imaging over the net, after hours of waiting it have 2% left and then it stalls. I only have the new Dell computers gx620, gx745, gx270 's. For example I created the image for gx270 and I was going to image 10 more identical gx270 with same hardware, 5 of them failed after we deployed them to users.(This is what I mean by being more reliable)
I was just asking are there any other ways of doing this.
Thanks guys for input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back