Am i gonn have enough power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyreel

Hi ppl's, everyone's been great at answering all of my questions so far but i was wondering if i'll be able to run all my system components on the stock 300w power supply that comes with my case....
Mobo: asus p4p800e-deluxe
CPU: p4 3.0E Ghz 800/1mb
Ram: 1024mb (2x twinmos 512mb pc3200)
HDD: Seagate Baracuda 120GB 7200rpm
Video: Xfx GeForce 6600GT (AGP8x)
Cd/Dvd: Dvd-Rom

Hi Eyreel..

The one thing I searched and searched for when buying my system was a workable power supply (PSU), while on a tight budget.

This forum page: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=792566
seemed to sum up what I was learning on the web...and in TechSpots' forum.

They do a ranking of not only what brand to look for,,,but also which to stay away from.....and also break down the decent ones into a few basic price ranges...everywhere from ultra-budget($30)----to ultra-expensive($200 on up).

If you bought your case already then you can get a safe PSU for about $30-40 at NewEgg.com(keeping in mind the recommendations at that link..ie.. Sparkle-Fortron-Enermax etc..) There are a 'gazillion' inexpensive PSU makers out there....and besides being unsightly paperweights, they could potentially ruin your nice, new system.

If you haven't bought your case yet, then I can only tell you what I ended up getting, which was a $59 Antec case (at NewEgg.com) with a genuine Antec 350W PSU included(which, unless you'll be adding extra hard-drives etc...will be plenty, even with a good VideoCard...and has plenty of amps at all voltages), the PSU fan is quiet, and the case is great, also.

On the 350W Antec I run:

1 Athlon64 3000+ (socket 939) with heatsink/fan...
1 hard-drive
1CD/RW drive
1 64mb Nvidea vid-card (don't ask why :D )
1 128mb ATI 9600 Pro vid-card
1 MoBo
2 sticks 256 3200(400) DDR memory (in DUAL Channel)
3-4 USB things...(2 mice, joystick, USB FlashDrive etc,..)

I hope this helps...

True enough, 'Tbrunt'....if it's solid it's solid.

The fact is that any of the companies could send out a 'bad egg' every now and then. I know from reading the reviews at NewEgg that even some Antec owners had to RMA because they got a 'bad' one.

I suppose that that works the other way around, as well. Some companies could send out a 'good egg' every now and then...so, after minimizing risk, that leaves us with only two guarantees in life....death and taxes (and, at least according to 1Thess 4, not everybody will have to die :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back