Am i making a big mistake??? [new xp home on old key]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraYYoda

My new XP x64 is bugging the hell out of me,so im going back to xp home.My friends has a new comp aswelll and he also needs home.
If we split the price and he installs home with the supplied key will i be able to install home using the same disk but my old home cd key?? The site says:
License Qty=1 user
Is this one user per disk or they just supply the one key??

If you installed win xp on one comp and you use the key you can't use that key to install on another comp. :bounce:

You can install that XP key on one machine. You can install on another machine but it will only run for 30 days (without activation) & it will no be able to run Windows Update.

Purchase a separate key for each machine.

Hmmm not even if the comp it was installed on first has been dead for years and only ran on home for a month or so before being upgraded to pro?
I still cant use that old key for a new cd and hard drive?

Well if i cant then im back to my old problem..how to get rid of slow-mo in half my games[not bad fps,just slow motion]

Well once you install XP Home with the old key, you will be asked to activate it. You can chose to activate it via phone where you will just have to explain why you reinstalled it. They will probably provide you with a new activation code & you're good to go.

Oh ok cool,yea that would work,just dont wanna waste €43
Still id prefer to use my x64,but most of my games hav this damn slowmotion,its like a Dx-x64 problem.
Oh well thanks a lot of the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back