And The whining continues!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rab2140

Rite ppl i am on the verge of getting one of my crossfire cards replaced because i have tried every possiible thing to make this stop.

To state my problem again . every time i try to run a 3d game one of the cards produces a rediculouse whine well more of a high static ping what ever you wanna call it and i have tried it all to make this stop.

i was recently talking to someone and they told me to get a paint brush and gently clean the fans of the graphics cards so i done so . whilst in the process of doing so i had to remove the entire cooler from the card and whilst doing this i noticed on one of the cards had paste on the gpu and paste on something quite near it which was normal . but when i looked at the other card i noticed that it only had paste on the Gpu and not on the other place.

so what im gonna try before i get the card replaced is re paste the both cards to try and see if this stops the whine because i have a suspecion tht its not the fans its to do with extreme heat and without the proper cooling and paste applied it can whine . So if you agree and think this is a sensible move reply ASAP THANKS!!.

I would try to RMA the noisy card without trying to take it apart. You might void the warranty if you do. It really doesn't matter what the reason for the noise is. It shouldn't be making it and if it is under warranty, get an RMA approval.

If it's coil noise like I suspect, there's not much you can do. Maybe hot glue could help, but I'd recommend the same as the previous poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back