Angry Birds Space now available for Android, iOS, Mac and PC

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Mobile game developer Rovio has released the next installment in the popular Angry Birds franchise. Dubbed Angry Birds Space, the latest update takes our feathered friends to the final frontier in an attempt to once again reclaim their precious eggs.

As the story goes, a giant claw kidnaps the Angry Birds’ eggs and after chasing it into a wormhole, they find themselves floating in a strange new zero-gravity galaxy surrounded by space pigs. It may seem that the Angry Birds are in a losing battle but they now have support from all-new birds and new superpowers as they battle through 60 interstellar levels. Regular updates will keep players returning for more action.

Players will need to master the zero-gravity atmosphere to successfully defeat the space pigs. Space features unique gravity rings that affect how the Angry Birds travel towards their target. Overlapping rings will alter the trajectory of the flying fowl so it’s important to plan accordingly before blast off. New features such as slow-motion and light speed destruction add a whole new element to the game.

"This is Rovio at its finest, and we are more than excited to bring Angry Birds Space to all our fans worldwide,” said Mikael Hed, CEO of Rovio. “This launch marks a huge step for us as a company, and our whole team and partners have really pulled together to bring out a fantastic array of exciting products and experiences. We hope that our fans will find all things Angry Birds Space as delightful as the Rovio family does.”

Angry Birds Space is available now for Apple iOS (except the iPod Touch 3rd generation), Android, PC and on the Mac via the Mac App Store with prices starting at $0.99. Rovio says that gameplay has been fully optimized for each device, including full support for the Retina display on the new iPad.

Permalink to story.

Punkid said:
already got it on my phone....i be trollin :p

you be trollin, huh?

copypasta from wiki

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted"."

trillionsin said:
copypasta

You know where that word came from. Don't you know you're not supposed to talk about it? We don't want summer to come early

Runs like a dream on the 1280x800 screen on my note.
Oddly enough the game is free (without any ads?) on Android but it is a buck on iSO. Good guy Rovio.

Awesome game, seems they "were inspired by" a lot of concepts from Super Mario Galaxy, not that that's a bad thing

I would also like to mention it is actually really good, they've managed to make it feel fresh and familiar. The addictive formula is still there!

Back