Annoying Noises

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo.ati

when ever i play games my computer makes a high pitched humming noise but not very loud still loud enough to hear. as soon as i minimise it goes away this goes for any game i play.

ive put my ear in with no prevail this system is 1 month old specs below.

Amd athlon 64 3200+ 939 Venice + Zalmann heatsink
1gig DRR400 pc3200
Foxconn NF4K8MC mainboard
sapphire x800gt 256mb pci-e
western digital 160gig HDD 7200rpm 8mb cache
thermaltake soprano case + 430W thermaltake psu

also another noise while casually using the computer sounds like a rusty gate opening a closing rapidly though every quiet its enough to drive you crazy. this noise started 1hour ago.

ive given the case a good backhand and some light taps around fan areas with no luck.

anyone have similar issues? or suggest anything to help my beast SHUTUP!!

I get a similar noise form my BFG 6800OC when playing games and watching videos. I not worried about it but it sounds like you are. Can you pin down where the noise is coming from?

you see the thing is ive uplugged all my fans the noise is still there ive listened to my hard drive nothing, not the g-fx card either. it seems to be comming from my cpu? one of my mates gets the same problem with the same processor as me. it never used to happen with my athlon xp but does now with my 64. i just dont get it :suspiciou

as long as its not computer threatening i guess ill have to put up with it :cool:

Maybe something is loose or has fallen into the actual chamber of the fan? Somethings perhaps caught?

I have the same problem with my current GPU and it turned out that after looking inside the heatsink there was a little piece of plastic stuck to the metal. I quickly resovled that. Good luck, I know how annoying it can be.

yes that does sound like a good issue but this noise still occurs on graphics cards without fans which is very odd. my mates computer which make the same noise as mine only has one fan in his case the cpu heatsink and look clean to me.

i will check my g-fx card for anything that could be catching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back