Another Contest?

Phantasm66

Julio, how would you feel about another contest?

Originally posted by Phantasm66
Yes, there was a contest. There have been several.

I won it once. I got first prize. It was a motherboard. I used it to build a new machine some time later.

Usually, one is judged on number of posts, but also on the quality of those posts.

Its one thing to post a hundred replies of "I concurr" after someone has said something bright.

And its quite another to be the one that is CONSTANTLY SAYING THE BRIGHT THINGS.

Its not easy to win, at least for mortals like you lot. ;)

As a previous winner, though, its most likely that informally I and numerous other of your Masters ( ;) ) would be excluded.

Good idea Phant....that is a good way to get our name out there again if that is necessary. I know I can't beat you, but I can destroy you :) Just kidding buddy. I thought I had a good shot at the last one, but I think I was too new or something. No biggie, I'll just wait until the next one.

yep might be cool but its kinda making the water go to the sea as always ...

i mean ppl that will win will already own lots of comp stuff b/c that will be the ones with the biggest experience, right ? ;)

Not always the case.
If you contribute the little you know in a helpful manner, and go find links and information to assist someone it will go a long way to getting you into the price winning list :D

A contest would be nice as it would expand our forum membership (which has gone from 1000 to almost 2000 so rapidly in comparison to the speed it has increased at in the past) even more, which correctly moderated would be great ;)

True, Arris.

Any one of you lesser mortals, if you are enthusiastic, helpful and thoughtful, can give an Evil Lord of the Sith like me a run for my money...

I had planned to open contest this month however I talked to prashidi (our new in-house developer) and we won't be launching the CMS managed site until it's 100% done (first plan was to go in progressive steps), until then it's advisable not to run a contest, but who knows, I may go crazy and launch one anyway...

Then a new question arises, what product do you think would be cool to giveaway? New Radeon perhaps, or something else?

I was also thinking about rules, etc., I want to launch a giveaway for news comments posters, perhaps making the draw completely random would be better than methods used before? What do you think?

It depends on the competition...

If it's just for posting in the Front Page New section, then random drawing betweent the members (active in that section) could be a good way, if they fit certain criterias (not just posting, "wow, nice!" and suchlike)

But if it's a more general competition (on the entire board), there should at least be a criteria that the majority of the posts should be quality posts...

Personally, I prefer the latter option, as it'll contribute more to the forum, than just limiting it to every post in the news section...

But maybe having 2 competitions at the same time would be an idea... One for the news posters with one prize and one for the entire board with several prizes (like before)...

As for what, a new Radeon would be a sweet price... And maybe a mobo&cpu combo for the second runner up...

.02$

Back