Any LCD/LED PC monitors that have as good visuals as TVs?

Greetings,

I recently bought an Asus 24" LED monitor. Problem is I have a Samsung UN60C6300 LED TV connected to my same PC that is literally twice as sharp,clear,bright and detailed in its visual quality. Question is, is it an unfair comparison to compare monitors from any manufacture to a much larger and more expensive LED TV? Granted, monitor was around 200 and TV was 3000 so I get that, but is there any 24" monitor, whether IPS or not that can be or is as clear, bright and sharp as a TV?

Both are 1080P so that doesn't make a difference in actual visual quality. Asus says its 50 gazillion contrast ratio, which again, makes no difference at all. Only thing I can think of is the CD/m value which is 250. Possible that the TV is just much brighter and thus can produce a much better pictures?

Can anyone recommend a monitor (any price range) that is great. I don't really care about color reproduction necessarily just sharpness, clarity and detail.

Its rated 4 eggs now, was 5

The monitor in question is not only the Asus I have, I also compared different Viewsonic models, va, vs and vp's in 22 and 24" models (that I use at work primarily) and are much worse actually. The new Asus is much brighter and crisper than my old LG. It was rated 5 eggs before I placed my negative one on it. 2ms, 250cd 50mil contrast, specs are good, has profiles that can be switched between that do not affect over clarity and sharpness just brightness and gamma.

Check newegg:

This is their LCD model with 1000 ratings 5 eggs:
ASUS VW246H Glossy Black 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ASCR 20000:1 (1000:1) Built-in Speakers

This is the LED model I got which is supposed to be a newer LED version:
ASUS VS248H-P Black 24" 2ms HDMI LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 ASCR 50,000,000:1

There are a few other models of which the VS248H-P had the highest "contrast ratio" which many mistakenly believe affect detail and visual quality. In most cases I would say it does when comparing apples to apples, but the 50million for the VS must be a lie! Clearly there is a gigantic difference between real contrast ratio and dynamic/auto contrast. I preferr the whiter whites of LED over natural LCD's I don't really care about color matching but more sharpness, crispness and clarity.

Anyway if the only way to get TV clarity and quality is to go IPS or some uber expensive Dell Ultrasharp then that's just what I am trying to confirm.

DK

a "pretty strong answer"

okay;

... i had a 25.5 (i think) inch samsung 245T S-PVA (not quite as good as IPS ... but totally kickass and amazing) ... that still sells new for like 650 bucks (probably find it for 350 ish ... if you look) ...

... and it was GOSH-DARN-AMAZING.

... the resolution was ###x1200 ... which is the second highest you'll find. ####x1600 is higher, obviously). ... and.... it was a QUALITY SAMSUNG NAME behind it.

... it was MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN ALMOST EVERY NEW TELEVISION ON THE MARKET AT THJ TIME .... and this was like 2.5 years ago.

... i've never seen a better picture ... in person .... except for a 2500 + up samsung LED, or something.

... it was 25 inches, and glorious.

.... THERE IS A NEW 30 INCH MONITOR THAT CAME OUT RECENTLY .... i believe a 26 or 25 inch one too (different company though) ... that flaunted their IPS screen.

... if it's an IPS screen ... and it's at least ## by 1200 pixels ... then i'd freakin' DEFINATELY prefer to plug that into my comcast box (with hdmi) ... compared to any medium range 27" t.v. out there.

... sorry, i'm a fast typer.

cheers!

Back