Anyone ever heard of this problem with ddr2 memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OChardcore

Well this is totally messed up lol. After a week of computer crashing BSOD's/ PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA / DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL( this one listed a problem with realtek, RtkHDAud.sys), and a few restarts with no BSOD.I have ran Memtest86+, always finds no errors even when ran overnight. Have ran ORTHOS set to torture cpu and ram, never a problem. Now brings me to the weird stuff, aggrivated to death and back I decided to try one last thing, The pc im working with Has 2x512 corsair xms2 ddr2 800 ram(bought a duel mem 1gig kit) I pulled one out and ran my pc gaming for 2 hours not a crash( ran game slow as heck but no crash) I then swapped the one left in the pc with the one i pulled, same deal no crash for approx 2 hours. Then im thinking wth I then popped both back in booted up started game as soon as game loaded and i started to play bam BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, So harray I now know its my ram but, what i wonder is this: Anyone else had this problem or even heard of something like this before? cause i know i have never heard anyone talking about a problem like this with ram? What could make it do this?

how many sockets you have for the ram
if 4 place each stick in the oposite channel
they are sometimes color coded
black blue black blue
so each stick goes in the black give that a try
there's a setting in bios to check for over clocking
you can try to under clock see if this helps
look up problems with dual channel ddr2
last point reload the newest controller drivers
chipset 7525 or what ever they are

OK new info on the matter at hand.

BIOS setting for the memory are at spec 5-5-5-15@1.9v cmd2

Ram in slots 1,3( yellow) ran memtest 3.5 4 errors before it even got to 5 %, then BSOD right at 10% of the test, then BSOD said DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Switched ram to slots 2,4(black) ran memetest 3.5, 0 errors found Ran it to 300% coverage.

Does this say its for sure a bad mobo?

Thank you samstoned

If it gave you errors, then the RAM is either bad or run beyond it's specifications.
The only way to be 100% sure is to try the RAM in another computer.

But why when tested numerous times in slots 1,3 it fails, while tested in 2,4 numerous times it never gives errors? And its always very consistent fails almost the exact same results when it fails. for example everytime in slots 1,3 at 5-6% coverage of memtest 3.5 it will produce well in access of 100 errors, the lst run had 143 errors all back to back then i let it run on up to 30% befor stopping test.

Its set to run at specs of the ram which are 5-5-5-15 cmd2 @1.9v 800mhz

I just totally do not understand, I dont have another pc to test the ram in :(, makes it even the more hard to nail the culprit of my problems.

thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back