Anyone got any CPU good offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrychieng

Anyone can source Amd CPU at a very good price?

I saw another forum of mine, they is this guy selling an Amd XP1500 for S$130 or approx USD$73. Super cheap but i think it's sold out :(

Any of u guys got cheaper alternate source of! Pls share! Thx n cheers!

P.s: if u can't put here then, at least email/pm me! Cheers n thx again!

Originally posted by henrychieng
I saw another forum...guy selling an Amd XP1500 $73.
:wave:Newcomer Welcome & Hello:wave: http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=55#post55

3DS does not have a method for individuals to sell on this forum.
I would suggest http://www.3dspotlight.com/prices.shtml
& buying from a reputable vendor that ships internationally

AthlonXP 1500+ (1.33GHZ, 256KB, 266Mhz, Socket A) - OEM $107.00

Sharky's Extreme also has weekly cpu prices, verifying that 3DSPriceGrabber is valid & reasonable.

For second hand parts or things of the sort, it's better to look at a local site rather then an international one.

Originally posted by uncleel

:wave:Newcomer Welcome & Hello:wave: http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=55#post55

3DS does not have a method for individuals to sell on this forum.
I would suggest http://www.3dspotlight.com/prices.shtml
& buying from a reputable vendor that ships internationally

AthlonXP 1500+ (1.33GHZ, 256KB, 266Mhz, Socket A) - OEM $107.00

Sharky's Extreme also has weekly cpu prices, verifying that 3DSPriceGrabber is valid & reasonable.

Thx!

CPU's

You can always check E-bay. However, if you do not have a local store close, I would suggest buying a box set, you may pay a bit more but you get the comfort of a 3 year warrenty direct from AMD. Plus with a box set the HSF is included.

A site I regularly refer to is www.scan.co.uk as they have daily offers and sometimes you can pick up a real bargain. Saying that, its a UK site so its of no use to anyone outside the UK :(
Just thought I would post to make the point that some sites have "specials" and you might find a cheap deal on one of those types of site

Your best buy right now is an AMD XP 1500 or 1600 processor. You cant beat the power and capabilities you get for 100-150.00.

Originally posted by svtcobra
Your best buy right now is an AMD XP 1500 or 1600 processor. You cant beat the power and capabilities you get for 100-150.00.

Let's do some calculations based on the pricelist from Hardwarezone (Singapore dollar):

AXP 1500 : 1330Mhz / $225 = 5.91Mhz/dollar
AXP 1600 : 1400Mhz / $230 = 6.08Mhz/dollar
AXP 1700 : 1467Mhz / $249 = 5.89Mhz/dollar

Guess we have a winner here... AXP1700.

Originally posted by lokem

Let's do some calculations based on the pricelist from Hardwarezone (Singapore dollar):

AXP 1500 : 1330Mhz / $225 = 5.91Mhz/dollar
AXP 1600 : 1400Mhz / $230 = 6.08Mhz/dollar
AXP 1700 : 1467Mhz / $249 = 5.89Mhz/dollar

Guess we have a winner here... AXP1700.

Thanks but i was looking at cheaper source! Hope to get some really cheap amd cpu! Anyway folks thx for all ur input i guess, there is no such things as really cheap! Sigh!

Beware

Hey henrychieng,

If they are selling for less than half the regular price, I would be very cautious about buying one. What happens if it is bad ? Can you return it, get your money back, will they stand behind their product ? If it is a private person, have they overclocked it and mabee ruined it ?? Is it a remarked CPU (I.E. FAKE )

One solution may be to buy a Duron. Here in the states you can pick up the 1 Gig for under $75 US.

If they are selling Athlons that cheap you should be able to get a Duron cheaper and spend the savings on other stuff like extra ram.

If you have a good board you could start with the Duron get some extra's and buy a faster Athlon XP later.

Originally posted by henrychieng

Thanks but i was looking at cheaper source! Hope to get some really cheap amd cpu! Anyway folks thx for all ur input i guess, there is no such things as really cheap! Sigh!

The prices quoted are the cheapest prices published in hardwarezone.com.

If you want 50% off the actual price for a CPU, I don't think that's a wise choice as stated by boeingfixer.

Originally posted by lokem

The prices quoted are the cheapest prices published in hardwarezone.com.

If you want 50% off the actual price for a CPU, I don't think that's a wise choice as stated by boeingfixer.

Yap totally agree! Thx for the tips guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back