ASAP help with browser difficulties after infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi- I'm heading back to graduate school in a few days and my internet won't work!!
My wireless is connected, all my programs are able to update themselves, and I'm able to ping any website, but when I open firefox it loads to a blank screen (blank...no message) and when I open IE7 it loads to a screen with a "unable to connect (or something)" message.
I've cleaned my computer extensively after infection with some trojans and malware; I followed the preliminary cleaning instructions on this site + I have SuperAntiSpyware loaded. I've got Avast as my main anti-viral. Every scan that I run now comes back clean. Attached is my HJT log, if it helps.
Thank you thank you thank you!!
Alex

I would use Add and Remove to delete Firefox, and the other stuff, then run CCleaner or PC-Decrapifier, then defragment, then reboot and reinstall the software you deleted.

Hi and thanks for the reply...by other stuff do you mean IE7, or IE7+superantispyware+any other anti-malware etc programs (I've got SS&D, spyware blaster, avast, Spysweeper, AVG anti-spyware, ad-aware, ad-watch, Panda anti-rootkit, mcAfee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back