ASRock launches two new Ion-based nettops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

ASRock has added three more Ion powered systems to its growing 330-series of nettops. The ION 330-HT and 330HT-BD each use a dual-core Atom 330 processor clocked at 1.6GHz and are capable of playing back 1080p high definition video thanks to the built-in GPU from Nvidia, but the latter also throws in a Blu-ray drive.

Both systems feature a 320GB hard drive (with room for a secondary 2.5" unit), 2GB of DDR3 RAM, and include the same connectivity options -- six USB 2.0 ports, 802.11n Wi-Fi, HDMI and VGA display outputs, S/PDIF and a combo eSATA/USB port. Amazon lists the ION 330-HT and 330HT-BD as barebones, priced at $459 and $589 respectively, although there's not much left for to the user to install besides an operating system.

A Wi-Fi-less 330Pro model is also available priced at $423. ASRock quotes sub-26dB noise levels, and says the systems measure only 12 x 9 x 4.5 inches, which makes them great candidates for a home-theater setup. We've been playing around with the ION 330HT-BD for a few days now and are really happy with its compact design, snappy Windows 7 performance, and smooth 1080p video playback -- expect a full review soon.

Permalink to story.

I would be interested to see the market for these devices. I guess you are buying the small form factor, but I personally would just buy a regular laptop that had an HDMI output for those kind of prices.

This can be used for companies that are into energy efficiency, low powered computers like this using atom cores are neat.

I for one want one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back