Asus a7a266 motherboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabenfox

Hello all. I have a asus a7a266 motherboard that i am having problems with. Every time the computer boots the bios starts and says a message that goes something like

"Message Center :

Your system case may be open or someone has tampered with your system, please check your settings"

it is something to that extent. The first time i checked it i made sure everything was fine and clicked to save the changes and rebooted. The machine did the same thing again. Earlier on i popped out the cmos battery and then put it back in cause i wanted to try and clear it becuase of i problem i was having, turned out to be a ram problem. Anyways now all it will do is continiously boot into bios and give me that error. I read that to clear my cmos i have to sauder two points together, but i have no clue how to sauder so i'm kind of stuck. I wanted to try to clear the bios to see if that helped anything but i can't find anything that tells me where the jumper is for it, even the manual online.
Can anyone here help me please ?
The information for my computer is below

Amd thunderbird 900mhz
128 megs of sdram (133)
10 gig hd
creative soundblaster 16
nvidia tnt2 video card.

P.S. i also thought about flashing the bios but i can't even get to that point, so that is out of the question

Rather than clearing CMOS, there should be a setting in your BIOS that lets you de-/activate the system-intrusion warning. I don't have it in my BIOS (A7V333 mobo) so I can't give you the exact wording for it.
Deactivate it and you should be done.

ya i looked for something like that, but to no avail. I ended up turning the option to halt on no errors, so that way it would continue to boot but it still gives me the intruder message. I even re-loaded the default settings and i still get the same message

Has it always given you that problem ?

According to the manual, if you do not use that feature, you must put a jumper over the pins to close the circuit.

manual_a7a266.png

ok i was looking for the problem in the bios and not acutaly on the motherboard. I found the jumper and it is in fact not closed. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much dude, after my g/f gets done playing one of her games i'm going to close it and hook the computer back up. I looked online at their manual with adobe acrobat and i couldn't find anything. Anyways thank you so much !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back