Asus announces factory overclocked GTX 970 for Mini-ITX gamers

Shawn Knight

TechSpot Staff
Staff member
Building your own desktop computer - whether for work or play - is a task in which you often have to make sacrifices. Budget constraints aside, you'll need to decide on things like how much noise you're willing to put...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/59039-asus-announces-factory-overclocked-gtx-970-mini-itx.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

madboyv1

TechSpot Paladin
Looks much nicer than Gigabyte's own version [link], but Gigabyte's card has much better connectivity in my opinion. I know you can daisy chain Displayport, but it's nice to have separate ports if your monitors do not allow daisy chaining.

Emexrulsier

TS Evangelist
Would be good if they passed the cost saving on fact they use less materials etc onto the end customer but I bet they don't

madboyv1

TechSpot Paladin
Would be good if they passed the cost saving on fact they use less materials etc onto the end customer but I bet they don't
The material savings are negligible at best, as the greatest material costs in production are usually the GPU chip, VRAM, etc. You know, stuff that has to be there regardless of the form factor.