ASUS Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyKing

Hi, I would like to know if anyone knows where to find a driver for the my Ethernet Onboard device for my ASUS P4C800.

All help is appreciated.

PS: I was told that it might be called "3Com 3C940 (3C2000)", but it could as well be another name.

MightyKing

They are right where they are supposed to be.
Go to www.asus.com, then click on North America (or wherever you live) then Support, then Search for P4C800, then go to Download or the line to the right and click. You will be given choices for BIOS, BIOSUtilties, Audio, IDE, LAN, Utilities, and Manual.
The drivers you need are listed clearly under LAN, and yes they are for the 3C940... the drivers are by OS, so you have choices under W2K, WXP, and VISTA.
Sorry to do your work for you
You might also want to download the manual so you have it at your fingertips next time you need something or some guidance. Update your BIOS and BIOS Utilities... in fact update all your drivers that have dates different from when the board you have was built.

Hi, don't worry about the work you did, it led me right to where i wanted to, thanks.

Under, I didn't find any driver that says "for Vista" instead i dl the ones that say "All OS". One is "Connection Assistant" and the other is "Diskette Creation Utility"... in reward as to how to install them, Im not sure. The "readme" file of the "Connection Assistan" says the requirements, those of which Vista is not one of them. So i dont install that right? And I dont know how to use the "Diskette Creation Utility" one.

Now about the BIOS; BIOS driver has a .ROM file, what do I do with it?
The BIOS Utilities driver has an application file, i just double click on it and run it right?

Ill wait for your response to proceed.

PS: I downloaded the manual like you said, I'll have a reference and starting guidance next time.

Thanks

I couldn`t see a Vista driver there,either.

Somebody in Techspot must know where it is !!

You could always buy a cheap card ($15-20) if you get desperate.

BIOS updates are very dangerous. Do not install until you thoroughly understand what is needed. There should be instructions with the BIOS. Do NOT install if there is any chance your power could go off from lightning or other failure.

Since there is no VISTA driver there, go to the manufacturer of the card, and see if they have a VISTA driver download.

Finally, you can try the "All OS" driver, but there will be a high risk of failure as VISTA is very picky. In that case, I would buy a VISTA capable cardwhich has an install disc for VISTA.

Guys, I managed to get it to work perfectly!

Now my only problem is getting my Modem to work with the wireless router to get internet on both pc's of mine. I'll post a thread if I can't figure out how to do that.

Thanks raybay and BlameCanada for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back