Asus F83Se laptop keyboard issue

My Asus F83Se laptop keyboard is having some problem and I can't figure out how to fix it.
The left arrow key is not working, while multiple other keys works but with additional 'left arrow key kept being pressed' problem.. For example, if I press z key button, z will be shown on screen but the cursor kept going left repeatedly.. and it won't stop until i press other normal functioning keys

keys with this problem: z x h j , . and up arrow

Keyboard wasn't spilled with any liquid..

Need help on this issue

How to Reset a Keyboard

Bring up the keyboard settings dialog box. Double-click the "My Computer" icon on the desktop. Click the "Change a Setting" choice in the left column. In the window that appears, double-click the "Keyboard" icon. This dialog box handles all settings for your current keyboard. Another path to the control panel is to click the "Start" button at the bottom left of the screen. Roll the mouse pointer up to "Settings" and click "Control Panel."

Reset the character repeat settings. The speed of character repeat and the delay before repeating starts is adjustable with sliding level indicators. Click on the adjuster and hold your finger on the mouse button to drag the adjustment left or right.

Change the cursor blink rate. A faster blink helps to locate the cursor while moving it with the arrow keys. Change the blink rate by dragging the slide to the left or right for slower or faster.

Enable the keyboard to accommodate one-handed typing or foreign languages. Click on the "Input Locales" tab near the top of the dialog box. Click the "Add" button for choices of available languages. Click the "Properties" button for choices to include Dr. Dvorak’s keyboard layouts for two-handed typing or single-handed typing with either hand.

Identify and correct keyboard malfunctions. Click the "Hardware" tab on the dialog box. The current keyboard will be listed under devices. The functioning status of the keyboard is displayed, and a troubleshoot button is active for use anytime. Make a first attempt to resolve keyboard problems by clicking this button.

brianzion, that didn't solve my problem..

I'm guessing it's just keyboard hardware failure, will try external usb keyboard next..

Most laptop keyboards are easy to replace and not too expensive, but you have to be good with taking things apart and then putting them back correctly. As with anything "practice makes perfect". I've had a lot of practice!

Turns out it really is the keyboard that is faulty.. specifically the 'left arrow' button.. which causes a few other keys to be erratic..

@Tmagic650 thanks for the advice

For those wondering what model# of the keyboard Asus F83se has, it's V020462CS1

Back