Asus launches Eee Pad Transformer with Honeycomb

Matthew

Asus has officially launched its Eee Pad Transformer in Taiwan today, though US availability is still unknown. Unveiled at CeBIT 2011, the primary system is a 10.1-inch Android tablet which is accompanied by an optional chiclet-style keyboard dock that essentially transforms the device into a netbook. The slate is priced at a rough equivalent of $500 US, while the keyboard runs an extra $100.

Read the whole story

TrekExpert

This is actual a really good deal if you ask me. That is nearly the same stats as the Xoom for $100 less. This also is also is better than the ipad 2 once you factor in the keyboard as it is the same price. Who would buy a smart cover when for an extra $50 more the the smart cover you can get a detachable keyboard? The main purpose of a tablet is to be convenient yet mobile. Due to this I think tablets with functionality features like this really stand out. The most notable examples being the EEE Pad Transformer and EEE Pad Slider.

pixelstuff

This looks like the first Android 3.0 tablet worth it's price. I wish someone would invent a tablet expansion slot for cell radios. Something to allow the same tablet on whichever mobile provider we wanted. Or to switch mobile providers with a $99 or less hardware swap. I can see how cell units might be difficult because of their size, but it seems like tablets should be large enough to handle it.

G

If it hold true. The glass and lcd screen alone beat out any honeycomb tablet right now, and the price is not bad. On top of the great keyboard/battery. This is a winner. I'm inline for this!

Cota

Now this is a pad that i would buy (and i never really tough on getting one) but since my Toshiba stills do the job its a sad face no :(

TwiztidSef

This looks like an excellent tablet. I am still waiting for notion ink to come out.

I still think having all the core computer components in the keyboard with a detachable screen would be a good idea. That way you can also sell a special wireless card for desktops and such. That extra battery life thing kinda blew my mind as well.