Asus Swift PG279Q vs Acer Predator XB271HU vs Asus PG258Q

Hi,

I want to buy a monitor for gaming. I have done a little research and understood that WQHD is still the benchmark to do so, considering pixel response and refresh rate, comparing with 4K.
I want a 25" or 27" G-Sync/FreeSync monitor capable of 144HZ or higher, and at least 4ms of response. IPS pannels provide the best all-around color quality, strong gray-scale performance, and wide viewing angles, even if they can't match the pixel response of TN panels. So, I came across with Asus PG279Q and Predator XB271HU. Both excellent and very identical in quality but a bit pricey here in Portugal. I was more favourably inclined towards the Asus due to its aesthetics. Then I've been very surprised to learn the amount of complaints about backlight bleed and uniformity problems with those two monitors. Even so, I was willing to risk buying one of them, but then I came across with Asus PG258Q. Ok, not WQHD, not IPS, but incredibly fast pixel response, with excellent reviews, and cheaper than the first two. Now I'm very uncertain as to choose one to buy.
So, is 244hz on a 1080p 25" TN with 1ms anyhow more smoothness for gaming than a WQHD 27" IPS with 4ms at 145/165hz? Does it look better?

My pc specs:

i7-7700K @ 4.20GHz
Asus Rog Strix Z270E Gaming
GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FE
SKILL Ripjaws V16GB
Samsung SSD 960 PRO M.2 512GB
Crucial SSD 2.5 MX300 1TB
Corsair hydro series h100i v2

Can I take full advantage of my GTX 1080 Ti using the 1080p pg258Q? 244Hz constantly? Will I be able to run games at 240 fps? With ultra graphics?

With my pc specs what do I get from those 3 monitors?

Pros and cons?

All the help I can get.

Thank you for any any suggestion or help

Personally, I'd be buying an IPS panel if I were spending a good chunk of change. 144Hz vs. 200+Hz isn't going to be extremely noticeable for such a large price difference, so I'd go 144Hz, WQHD, IPS. Also, most games won't run above 200FPS anyways on ultra settings at 1440p, so you don't even get the benefit all the time.

Back