Atheros Communications Inc. AR9285 Wireless Network on WIN7

Hi,
I tried nearly everything I downloaded and installed all drivers on the atheros website, the Internet(google results), microsoft website ,but it doesnt work.

Windows says there is a problem with my wlan device driver- under device manager it shows that there is no problem with the driver- but I can't see any wlan networks around(there are a dozen of networks)

Any tips ?!

Let's start with below. If that all shows OK I would next suspect which WLAN manager is controlling the device and making sure you're opening the right one (one comes with Windows, Atheros may have installed one too). Which WLAN manager are you using? How do you select and open it???

List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Click the Upload a File button to attach to your next TechSpot post

Back