ATI 9700 PRO and Dell Dimension 4100

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedcera

Just wondering if anyone's knows if the ATI All In Wonder 9700 PRO is compatible with Dell's Dimension 4100 (733mhz PIII w/ 396mb RAM).

Mainly, I am needing to know if the card will PHYSICALLY fit in my box and connect properly with all the exsisted cables.

Let me know,

Ted

If it has an AGP slot, it will fit...

The cpu will be an enourmous bottleneck in that system...

I'm not sure the Dell PSU would supply enough juice....

That's about it...

Crank up resolutions and FSAA :cool:

Pop your case open and look for an AGP slot and an open molex connector. You probably have only a 250w PSU if it is anything like my old 8100. My reccomendations are a bigger power supply and more RAM if you put in that 9700. If you don't have enough power to your system, you'll be prone to random crashes and errors. The extra RAM will help with gaming. The PIII isn't all that bad depending on the game you are running. I would recommend 512MB of RAM and a 350 PSU.

I do have an AGP slot, which my current video card is in.

Also, my current PSU is only 200watts, which I will be upgrading to 350watts.

As for the RAM and Gaming...I have 384mb of RAM, not the previously stated 396 (I don't know where I got that number!) I will not be running any games on the system, as much as I will be using the TV feature of the card.

I know that I will always be better off will more RAM, but will I really need 512mb just to run the TV aspect of the card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back