ATi vs Nvidia war over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew...

I'm glad I bought my graphics card from ati when I did. I like their logo, plus it would be boring to see "AMD" on two different chips.

That's sad, I been a loyal customer to ATI for a while, I hope the change is for good and they make better cards. Anyways I'm glad that at least ATI was bought by a very good company, I like the logo either and will keep my ATI cards for the museum, I still got my Game Cube graphics powered by ATI :)

The AMD-ATi merger is not just the end of the war, but it's just the beginning. Increased competition will result in better products and even better prices for us consumers. So we aren't at a loss at all. Just sit back and watch the show. As for ATI vs. NVIDIA, the R600 chip from ATI and the G80 from NVIDIA are going to be out in September(NVIDIA) and November(ATi/AMD) this year and will have full support for DX10 and SM 4.0

agi_shi said:
I'm glad I bought my graphics card from ati when I did. I like their logo, plus it would be boring to see "AMD" on two different chips.
It really matters that much?

Who cares about what it says on the graphics card?

Do you spend much time looking at it?

Oops.

Mictlantecuhtli said:
It really matters that much?

Who cares about what it says on the graphics card?

Do you spend much time looking at it?
:D Sorry, I must have sounded like an *****. I'm coming from a 7 year old eMachines, so when I got my Radeon X850XT I was in heaven (and since it was my first non-integrated card, it looked very cool with its red fan... plus it performs well, too).

As for the discussion, the ATI - AMD merge doesn't mean war-over. Since together they'll probably make more interesting cards/chips, there'll probably lots of competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back