Attempting to dual boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I am attempting to dual boot two OS's on my system and am hoping I could get some assistance. I am running Windows 7 RC1 (7100) and am trying to set up a dual boot environment with Windows XP. I found a guide on the techspot site "/guides/143-dual-boot-windows7" and followed it exactly. The partition was created properly and Windows XP installed to it with no problems. However, I do not get an option at System Startup to select the OS. After installing Windows XP it would only boot to XP. I had to insert the Win 7 disc and do a system repair, this now allows me to boot back to Windows 7 with no problems; however, I still do not have an OS choices menu at the beginning, when I boot to the OS choices menu it just shows Windows 7.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

The main trick is that Windows 7 has to be the first OS installed on the hard drive. Once that is installed and running, and the WXP version can then be installed second. There are a set of procedures for Dual Boot of either WXP or VISTA... I would follow the guide for VISTA you will find in any good VISTA book as Windows 7 should be very close to the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back