Audigy 2 zs - having a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjps220

I am having some problems with my audigy 2 zs and I have no idea what's causing it. Any help would be appreciated.

A while ago, I was listening to music, when there was some really loud distortion. It almost sounded like a radio tuning, but high pitched and loud. After that, the left channel was replaced by a clicking. It was a specific tempo, and never changed. I restarted the computer and all was fine.

I had that happen one more time, and now when I play wolfentein enemy territory, my sound hangs up when I enter a server, after I've been in for about 5 seconds. It only does it for a second, but sometimes, the games audio doesn't work after the hangup, and I have to restart the game.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I forgot to mention that I tried to reinstall everything to do with the card and ran into some issues. It kept telling me that it couldn't detect the hardware once I had the software installed, so once I got it to work using the cd that came with the card, I didn't bother to go for the newest drivers because I didn't want to mess with what I thought was working!

thanks for the tip. I'll try it and get back to you.

yeah I just put the newest drivers on, and the same thing happened when I joined a server in wolfenstein. I'll have to try it for a while and see if I ever have the audio drop out on me again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back