Audio cuts out

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this thread is in the wrong spot then please cut a noob some slack, im a fast learner. So let me cut to the chase. My system was fine until a few weeks ago when i installed age of mythology and my just sound cut out during 10 - 15 minutes of gameplay. Its been the same ever since not only with the game but with other media as well. When id be listening to music with media player, watching a movie with vlc or power dvd, ect, all the system sound would just cut out after a wile and only a reboot would bring it back. There are no problems when the pc idles but as soon as i use any media, bye bye sound. Ive noticed popping and clicking sounds from my sterio speakers too. Ive removed my 56k modem, did a clean install and downloaded the latest drivers twice (so no conflicts im sure) but still no joy. Im starting to think its a hardware problem. My specs are as follows: xp media centre edition v.02 sp2. Amd socket 754 semptron athlon 64 processor 1.80Ghz, 480mb ram. Foxconn 760GXK8MC winfast motherboard. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Post is in the right spot no worries. I'm assuming its the on board audio that you are using if not you would have mentioned a sound card of sorts. Now your issue is rather odd, for audio to just cut out after 10 - 15 minutes of using it like that. When stuff doesn't work its better when it doesn't work from the start (IE boot your PC and no sound) If you have a sound card lying around that would be the first thing I would suggest trying, if not try to revert back to before Age of Mythology with the older drivers, by clean install you mean reformat and re installation of windows itself right. For it to persist after that really is odd. For now this is all I can tell you, I'll think about it and look in to it.

Extremely odd yes. Now you can imagine how frustrated i am. Onboard sound is correct and ive been searching to test a sound card for 5 days now but unfortunately i cant get a hold of one. Reformat and reinstallation of win xp is right as well. Thanks for the attention ill do on more clean install without aom and report tomorow. Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back