Audio problem

i have just recently bought a HDTV that can double as a monitor and a new HD video card. upon installing the drivers for the video card, and hooking up the tv as the monitor, windows XP(SP3) after a restart, prompted me to install Microsoft's UAA Bus driver. ive never had this on here before, but after doing so, i have lost ALL sound. now i use an external USB Sound blaster live for my audio card and have found no real "high definition drivers" and have reverted to using the onboard sound card, and reinstalling the realtex drivers as recommended by several places, however it is to no avail. i have several yellow "?'s" in my device manager, and even two copies of Microsoft's UAA Bus driver!!! please help :(

I use a driver scanner program which has given good results, it's at;
www.drivereasy.com It's totally free, and will scan your pc, then show a list.
Red entires mean 'driver missing', Orange enties mean 'outdated drivers', and green mean 'driver ok and up to date'. The free version of this program can download the drivers, but note that it is very slow, (less than dial up), but the information is usually good, so you can note it down, and download the driver form each makers site.

fyi

High Def (HD) Audio requires 2 hardware chips: 1 for a controller and 1 for the device. Windows can only "talk to" and "see" the device if the controller is working

Windows <===> HD Audio Controller <===> HD Audio Device​

The MS UAA device e is the common name for the HD Audio Controller under XP. Its driver is part of SP3 (you need a MS KB patch to install it for SP2)

Do this:
List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

/* EDIT */
If you're seeing 2 MS UAA devices, probably means you are seeing HD Audio on your motherboard plus an add on card (each one would have its own controller and audio device)

Not Available HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_8001&SUBSYS_10DE0101&REV_1000\4&94F8647&1&0301 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Not Available HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_000A&SUBSYS_10DE0101&REV_1001\5&11625975&1&0001 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Not Available HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_000A&SUBSYS_10DE0101&REV_1001\5&11625975&1&0101 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Not Available HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_000A&SUBSYS_10DE0101&REV_1001\5&11625975&1&0201 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Not Available HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_000A&SUBSYS_10DE0101&REV_1001\5&11625975&1&0301 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    45.6 KB · Views: 3
It looks like these are Nvidia HD audio devices and you're missing NVIDIA drivers.

Did you add an Nvidia card? did you install the nvidia drivers for it?

Back