Avast accidentally identifies Steam as a trojan

Matthew

Just a quick heads up for Avast users: if you're having trouble opening Steam, your malware protection might be to blame. For over an hour Sunday morning, the free antivirus…

Read the whole story

yukka

This morning we had a problem with Internet Explorer being falsely spotted as malware/generic-S by Sophos. This was sorted out with an update not long after but not before alot of users called our helpdesk. Its not too common but does occasionally happen.

Kibaruk

Good thing I uninstalled Avast, Microsoft Security Essentials are gaining a lot of ground and for good reasons

The5Xfactor

I also suspect Avast crashing my Steam (TF2) while playing. I am turning it OFF before starting Steam and so far no crashing!

G

Well my steam does have a lot of things hiding inside of it. They are games that I paid for an enjoy though....

G

Good know about the avast internet security.I am already using the COMODO Internet Security Pro 2012.It is really good.

treetops

Avast eventually started taking days to scan idk if it was infected but I switched to avira and iv been happy ever since the end.

p.s. false positives happen no ones perfect, I just wish they would take wolf team off their lists, maybe they have by now i have not played in over a year but when I did I had to turn off avira, avast or avg in the past. I even wrote them emails.

mattfrompa

Been using Steam and Avast for years, no issues here. Avast has been great for me once I got it out of my face (no sounds, minimal pop ups)