Avast Pro?

circusboy01

Right now I'm using Avast Free. I'm thinking of buying Avast Pro Antivirus 6.
Since it does so much more than the free version. Will it still compatible with MBAM,
Superanti, Spywareblaster, Spybot S&D, and Threatfire.
Thanks Ray.

What do you mean by "compatible" and wouldn't it make more sense to ask the folks at Avast?

What do you mean by "compatible" and wouldn't it make more sense to ask the folks at Avast?

I mean will they work in harmony with each other,and not in conflict. I wouldn't know how to go about asking the folks at Avast. Besides, there are folks here at TS who's knowledge about things like this I greatly respect Ray.

Well, you could try Avast's forums.

As far as compatibility, there shouldn't be any reason they *wouldn't* work together. Avast is the only one of the group that is an AV solution, and as long as you aren't planning on adding Norton or something else like that to the mix, you shouldn't have a problem.

Why don't you just install the trial version of Pro and see whether or not it works?

First of all, I clarify that I don’t use AVAST! and therefore do not know the definite answer. Nevertheless, for your guidance, I provide my indirect but related knowledge and experience on the subject.

In theory, as already commented, there should normally be no compatibility problem of an antivirus with any of the tools you mentioned, as none of them is a proper antivirus.

However, when I recently updated my AVIRA to the latest version, it detected other tools and advised me to uninstall: Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, Superantispyware and SpywareBlaster, because of compatibility problems – strangely it left out MBAM. This is in contrast to previous updates which found no such problem. It’s also in contrast to the claims of the tools named that they have no compatibility issues with any major antivirus.

However again, I ignored the AVIRA advise, kept all tools named and do not seem to experience any problems so far. I was also told by one of the tools that antivirus tools just want to cover themselves in giving such advice. It’s a kind of “false positive”.

Conclusion: AVAST! are the people to tell you, but even if they inform of incompatibility, it does not necessarily mean there is one.

Well, you could try Avast's forums.

As far as compatibility, there shouldn't be any reason they *wouldn't* work together. Avast is the only one of the group that is an AV solution, and as long as you aren't planning on adding Norton or something else like that to the mix, you shouldn't have a problem.

Why don't you just install the trial version of Pro and see whether or not it works?

Trial Version. Great idea. I'll do that. Thanks Ray

First of all, I clarify that I don’t use AVAST! and therefore do not know the definite answer. Nevertheless, for your guidance, I provide my indirect but related knowledge and experience on the subject.

In theory, as already commented, there should normally be no compatibility problem of an antivirus with any of the tools you mentioned, as none of them is a proper antivirus.

However, when I recently updated my AVIRA to the latest version, it detected other tools and advised me to uninstall: Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, Superantispyware and SpywareBlaster, because of compatibility problems – strangely it left out MBAM. This is in contrast to previous updates which found no such problem. It’s also in contrast to the claims of the tools named that they have no compatibility issues with any major antivirus.

However again, I ignored the AVIRA advise, kept all tools named and do not seem to experience any problems so far. I was also told by one of the tools that antivirus tools just want to cover themselves in giving such advice. It’s a kind of “false positive”.

Conclusion: AVAST! are the people to tell you, but even if they inform of incompatibility, it does not necessarily mean there is one.

Thanks I think ;-) ;-) Going to try the Trial version. If it says I have to remove too much of my protection,I'll probably go back to the free version. Ray

Back