AVG Antivirus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonfruit

Hi

I have been using AVG antivirus for a few years now, and recently I have had a window popping up informing me of a virus detected. This window is only on screen for less than a second, then disappears. I have updated avg and done a full system scan but it always comes up clean??

Anyone had the same thing?

Moonfruit.

I've had the same thing happen, turned out to be a trojan. Paranoid guy's suggestion should do the trick.

Go and check your logs and see if there is anything in there. I for a long time didn't know I had a virus in an archive file deep in my computer because it never told me about it. But it was in the logs that it found it and cleaned it every night. Yet it would still be there the next night.

If you don't see anything there the next thing I would to is try Trend Mirco's free online scan. Or you can also try Panda AntiVirus free online scan. Just to double check that there isn't anything on your computer that shouldn't be.

Im using AVG Free version. Downloaded a-squared and scanned computer, it didnt come up with any viruses, but quite a few malware/spyware stuff. Cleaned that off, shall see if that has done the trick.

Thanks chaps for your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back