The Aviar R67 is a 840 HP, all-electric classic Mustang

Shawn Knight

Staff member
A hot potato: One can argue that Ford’s biggest mistake with its upcoming all-electric SUV was labeling it a Mustang. Call it whatever you’d like, many would say, but don’t call it a Mustang because it’s not a pony car.

Aleksey Rachev, the founder of Aviar Motors, would seemingly agree. A self-professed fan of the 60s and muscle cars in general, Rachev and company are working to build a modern muscle car that exhibits the spirit of the era and judging by some early renders, they’re off to a great start.

The Aviar R67 is an all-electric vehicle that’s based on the Tesla Model S but looks more like a classic Mustang. It’ll pack two electric motors capable of laying down a very respectable 840 horsepower. With a 100 kWh battery, Aviar claims it’ll be able to sprint from 0-62 mph in around 2.2 seconds and hit a top speed of 155 mph. Range will reportedly check in around 315 miles, the company said.

If you’ve seen enough to sell you, well, hold tight. Aviar appears to be little more than a concept at this point as the company hasn’t announced a potential release date or target price.

As history has proven time and again, electric startups are notoriously difficult to get off the ground. We've already seen Dyson thrown in the towel on its electric SUV project earlier this year and Faraday Future looks to be a lost cause at this point.

Permalink to story.

I would argue the opposite. Ford's original Mustang is something very fartsy. Take the farts away, and you get a proper Mustang.

Yeah, muscle cars should have a screaming V8. Don't get me wrong, I love performance electric cars, but classic muscle is classic muscle.
Yeah, but the original Mustang was not a muscle car, It was a pony car: smaller, compact, cheaper V6 for younger person. It became V8 muscle some time later. So, the "Mustang" brand is an oddity of its own...

Yeah, but the original Mustang was not a muscle car, It was a pony car: smaller, compact, cheaper V6 for younger person. It became V8 muscle some time later. So, the "Mustang" brand is an oddity of its own...
Unless they're taking v6 mustangs and restoring them to make into electrics I don't really want to hear that. Most of the v6 mustangs have either been swapped or junked at this point. They only ones keeping are matching numbers cars in good condition and those aren't going to get an electric swap unless the owner is an *****. Although, there are lots of *****s.....

I would argue the opposite. Ford's original Mustang is something very fartsy. Take the farts away, and you get a proper Mustang.

What?
Please define fart....and or fartsy.
jesus Christ on a stick....or a lower case t

Unless they're taking v6 mustangs and restoring them to make into electrics I don't really want to hear that. Most of the v6 mustangs have either been swapped or junked at this point. They only ones keeping are matching numbers cars in good condition and those aren't going to get an electric swap unless the owner is an *****. Although, there are lots of *****s.....

No 60s mustangs had a v6, Ford didn't have an American V6 in the 60s, the first v6 mustang was a mustang ii. The 6 in the 60s Stang was an i6. In 1964 it came with

170 and 200 i6 motors and

260, 289, and 289 hi pro v8 engines

Sorry, THAT ain't a Mustang. Plus, I wonder what Ford would say? I remember in the 60's they couldn't sell a Mustang in Europe (can't remember which country) because the Mustang name was already taken, so it was called the T5, which was the name given to it during concept phase.
If you gonna try to mimic the classic stang, you need REAL chrome bumpers, not those stupid looking plastic things.
PLEASE, leave it as a concept.

"The Aviar R67 is a..." NO - it "may be", or "could be", etc.

Click-bait cheapens a good site. Don't you guys ever get that?

Yeah, muscle cars should have a screaming V8. Don't get me wrong, I love performance electric cars, but classic muscle is classic muscle.
A lot of people say that, but it’s only seen as a good thing by association over a long period of time. I had a car that was as loud - if not louder - as any Power V8, an old EK Holden. Heads turned as I drove it to the repairers to get the exhaust and muffler replaced; they fell off, but the car itself was a pos. It’s the car that matters, not the sound. Far happier with my very quick and almost totally silent car of today, and wouldn’t have the sound unless there was no choice.

This feels like lawsuit bait. Like they want Ford to sue to protect their IP, then have to tell the courts 'we are working on one right now'

It won't work, but that is what it feels like.

Back