AwardBIOS Setup Utility password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i am new at this kind of thing but i am willing to learn. When i turn on my computer a screen pops up with the words AwardBIOS Setup Utility at the top.
In the middle of the screen theres a window that says Enter Password. I'm thinking one of my family members were fooling around or something when the computer was starting up and got this to happen. I tried putting in a reformatting CD but that didn't work. My Next option was replacing the hard drive with a new one.Is this a good option? What can i do now?.

Hi Mirror and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

Bios password,

1) find the backdoor password, all Motherboard makers have them and Award are no different, do a google search for it

reset the BIOS

2) its a jumper or a dipswitch on the board again google the board make and download the handbook

3) take out the button battery and leave it out overnight, this will reset the BIOS.

As the BIOS is the first thing that loads before the HD or floppy are even looked at, using a new HD or booting from a CD wont do anything.

Now thats the advice given do us the honour of reading the following threads It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

Thanks a lot ill try this out and read those threads. One last thing Where is the make of the board. I cant seem to find it, on it.

Usually the board has some numbers on it like

AB678 or KT123

Its a case of having a look and then googling it.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back