Awstats reliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seawitch

Hi All
This past few weeks I've been having trouble with Awstats , delayed reports, dubious ones and I can't prove the latter. The forum supplied by Powweb will only be affected by those with gripes, theres plenty, but drawn from thousands, so I ask here, am I onto a bad thing with them, can I do better for free?
BB
Seawitch

www.seawitchartist.com

What I'm saying is I'm not happy with the arrangements I have for analysing and reporting the traffic to my website, it's called Awestats http://awstats.sourceforge.net/
Yesterday it only reported in the final hours, 60 visits. I had complained to them direct.
Today again nothing, it's supposed to report hourly and by now there will usually be over 20 visits. I'm by no means the only one objecting.
I'm new in this environment, can anyone suggest something better?

www.seawitchartist.com

Who set up AWstats? You? Your hosting company? Who did you complain to?

Usually log files are rotated on servers, meaning that every day or every week, the old log file is renamed to something like access_log.0 and a new empty one created. You have to take extra precautions that no data is lost when the log rotation happens, because AWStats only knows about the latest log file (e.g. access_log) (read the friendly AWStats documentation).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back