Back up storage

andoyan

Hello All,
I have some data that I need to back it up on a daily base. Can anyone help me with a secure and trusted on line back up service?
I would also be interested in a alternative method as well.Thank you very much for all your help.
Jon

For offline backups an external driver with something like Cobian backup would be simple. I don't know much about the free online storage but Mozy is an option for paid online storage.

Local Backup

Personally, I consider online backups risky, because they are accessible to others, plus you depend on the connection, the reliability/availability of the site at a given instant and even the continuation of its existence. However, other people may find them satisfactory and advise you.

As regards local backup of files, not of entire disks/systems, a good approach is to use a sync(hronization) tool, which can be automated, and an external drive as storage medium, allways under your control. There are many such tools, an example is AllwaySync which is free for private, albeit somewhat restricted, usage.

http://www.allwaysync.com/

Back