Bad_system_congfig_info

My computer will not start up. When I try I get the blue screen with (Bad_system_config_info). When I tried to put the os disk in to fix it the computer would not read the DVD drive that is in it. I tried 2 Other DVD drives that were internal and one external. I can get to start to linux that is running off of a USB drive. I got all my things on it off but I would like to use it Again. Someone please help.

Have u recently updated ram ?

[FONT=verdana]This kind of error is [/FONT][FONT=verdana]usually[/FONT][FONT=verdana] associated with defective RAM; but, not every problem fits neatly into that kind of categorization. It could be also a driver, registry or other hardware problem. Have you changed any hardware or lately? Have you updated drivers recently? [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]It could be a bad memory slot. Try each memory stick in each slot. In other words, try stick one in slot one then in slot two. Repeat the process with stick two. Try a different video card if you have one. Remove any add-in cards. Let us know your result.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]What version of Windows are you running?[/FONT]

When you boot into Linux, can you see how much memory is installed. You must insert 1 memory stick in the first slot for the computer to boot

Back