Bandwidth/upload download

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROCHESTER UK

I Have just upgraded from 1mb to 2mb wanadoo broadband.When downloading music/video from limewire I only seem to get 4-9 kb download speed.A movie takes a very long time to download.I'm using my laptop which only has about 140mb ram free does this make a difference to download speed?

I have done adsl speed test and got about 1800 up and 270 done.

any ideas?

i have the same problem with the same isp (wanadoo) but mines still on 1mb and it downloads at 2-5kb, what do you think of wanadoo i think there rubbish i got broadband in janurary this year and i have phone customer services about 12 times with different problems. like being disconnected etc

I don't think not enough RAM is your problem. Downloading times depend on your connection as well as the other side. Is their many hosts that you are trying to download from? Also if other people are having simular problems it might be your ISP.
Sorry if this isn't very helpful. I'll post more tomorrow when the keyboard stops spinning.
Jonathan
These "files" are legal right ;)

Check out http://www.u.tv or www.utvinternet.com
Also keep an eye open for Clearwire.
I changed recently from wireless (sluggish) IrishBroadband to also wireless Clearwire, and the difference is amazing. Clearwire ROCKS!
It operates in the 3.5GHz range, so no problems with all these crappy 802.11 home networks.
They are planning Belfast or are already there.

wanadoo

I had a go at downloading a few songs(all legal :blush: )and they downloaded at about 180 kbs,does it make a difference with file size?I know that a large file would take longer but would the speed be slower?seems worse on whole films and not the ones in 2 parts.(hope that made sense.

On the subject of wanadoo,customer support is a joke,I did manage too get a second wireless adaptor out of them within 2 days for free,should have took 3 weeks and cost £49 but when I found out I was being charged £32 a month and it had gone done to £27 they charged ME to lower the price.

Oh and the call centre must be somewhere in asia,yet to speak to someone that I can understand!

i dont really know cause i was talking to my uncle in canada on the internet and he was sending me a video of there holiday and it was about 254MB and it was downloading between 457kbs and 563kbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back