Batman: Arkham Knight launching in October for PC, Xbox One, PS4

Scorpus

Staff member

Today Rocksteady Games and Warner Bros. have announced the next game in the extremely popular and critically acclaimed Batman Arkham series. Batman: Arkham Knight will launch later this year, and will serve as the conclusion to the trilogy encompassing Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

Arkham Knight sees development duties return to Rocksteady, who produced the first two games in the series; as opposed to Warner Bros. Games Montréal, who worked on the series' prequel Batman: Arkham Origins. This news should please many Arkham fans, who generally felt Warner Bros. in house studio wasn't as competent at creating an Arkham game.

For the first time in Arkham games, you'll be able to drive the Batmobile around the streets of a much larger Gotham City, with streets wide enough to make the Batmobile a useful form of transportation. Villains you'll encounter include Scarecrow, Penguin, Two-Face, and Harley Quinn.

Batman: Arkham Knight will launch October 14th on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Rocksteady co-founder and game director Sefton Hill stated in an interview that developing for 'next-gen' platforms has "allowed us to bring to life the design elements that we envisioned from the beginning such as the Batmobile and how it augments Batman’s abilities, to the fully detailed and realized Gotham City."

He went on to say that "we kind of feel like this is the natural end to the story. We want to kind of go out in style." To get a preview of just how the game might go out in style, check out the announce trailer below, and expect more info about Arkham Knight in next month's Game Informer.

Permalink to story.

Another day 1 purchase for me, I was very pleased with the other 3 games. And of course, I am getting it on PC, the always gen platform.

Last edited:
lol, lots of missing words,
I edited my post, now it makes sense

I believe he means this in the sense where PCs can be upgraded and play whatever at will, when consoles are in forced increments.
Exactly
And also the fact that with pc you have some 20 years of compatibility, instead of having to buy the next machine to play the next game.

Don't have an xbox one. It's underpowered and titanfall looks great on my PC. Meanwhile every ps4 owner I know has the rubber coming off their £50 joypad thumb sticks. I'll play this on PC

Can't wait, this game series is so sweet and this one will be no exception.
I couldn't agree more. The trailer looks great, I especially love young Harley Quinn's 'casual' fighting style. This is about the only game I'm looking forward to (GTA V notwithstanding) this year. Of course I'm referring to PC games only.
PS. I won't pre order any game I'd rather wait until it's on special that way I save a few $ and the waits never that long.

I would like to see them to explore Earth 2 and the Thomas Wayne "Batman". For those of you who don't know, the Thomas Wayne "Batman" is grittier than the usual Batman and has no problem using a gun.

I would like to see them to explore Earth 2 and the Thomas Wayne "Batman". For those of you who don't know, the Thomas Wayne "Batman" is grittier than the usual Batman and has no problem using a gun.

Exactly. I would love for Rocksteady to release DLC that explores the other Batman arcs. Would love to see Terry McGinnis/Batman Beyond and the Middle Ages Batman.

Yep, looking forward to this. The quality Rocksteady put into the first two games is more than enough testament for me.

I'll be going for the PC version.

(after watch the trailer)
gasp, is that batman with Ironman's suit? cool!!

Back