Batman: Arkham Origins Tested, Benchmarked

Julio Franco

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/733-batman-arkham-origins-benchmarks/]https://www.techspot.com/review/733-batman-arkham-origins-benchmarks/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

It runs noticeably better than Arkham City on my 680 with everything maxed out. Crucially, there are practically no instances of stuttering or inconsistent frame rate drops. It's a big improvement on that front from the previous game.

The game got some flak for technical issues, but this is a misnomer. On PC at least, the game is technically superior to the Rocksteady entries, it's just some functionality that is broken (a specific side quest can't be completed and prevents access to 100% completion, for instance).

I still have my old 5870, but man is it still running great. Sapphire if any of you are interested.

But I'm still looking for an upgrade and I just might go for a 290x this time, even though I only get a 50% increase in performance for double the price but I need that if I'm gonna play in 1440p.

Any particular reason you didn't use the HD 79xx cards in the "PhysX normal + MSAA8X" benchmark? Do framerates with these cards dip so low as to be deemed "unplayable"?

Also, I'd have liked to see what performance is like across the board with FXAA set to "High" and PhysX set to "Normal".

On this laptop that is very much not meant for games (it has a first-gen Intel HD card for f*** out loud), it runs shockingly well. Smooth, even. At 800x600 and everything turned down, of course, but it still looks pretty damn good, all things considered. This game is chock full of technical issues, but scaleability isn't one of them.

I can't wait to finish my new desktop so I can play this again maxed out.

Nice to see my 7950 holding up :) Going to build a mini itx for the living room next month. I'll probably put another 7950 in there seeing as they're only $200-$250 on sale these days. I'd try Nvidia again, but there's nothing close in that price range.

It runs incredibly smooth, DX11 performance is MUCH improved form Arkham City. and it looks fantastic. The DX11 snow deformation and the Physx effects are amazing.

Any particular reason you didn't use the HD 79xx cards in the "PhysX normal + MSAA8X" benchmark? Do framerates with these cards dip so low as to be deemed "unplayable"?

Also, I'd have liked to see what performance is like across the board with FXAA set to "High" and PhysX set to "Normal".

Can’t imagine they would be unplayable since the R9 280X is a Radeon HD 7970. We didn’t include the Radeon HD 79xx cards because the newer R9 280X and 270X cover them. In a perfect world we would have tested all quality settings with the 30 graphics cards used in the FXAA settings, sadly in this world there just isn't time for that much testing. I hope the article was of some use to you.

Wouldn't the GTX 760 be in that range? A good comparison to the 7950 Boost, some folks say.
Cheers and all the best =)

Am I missing something or does the GTX780 not do MSAA for some unknown reason??? Really wanted to see those figures but they're not listed for any of the MSAA benches...

JC713
Its not that demanding a game, its actually quite nice because it looks so good without killing the computer its on. Gives people quite a range of opportunity honestly for playing on ultra settings.

The game is beast, though ill be honest its a little more difficult that its predecessors ive noticed which is good, loving it so far.

Lol, it is indeed. :p C & G tricked me!

Either way, 780 doesn't appear on that graph.

So you are talking about the GTX 780 now, okay. Its not missing by mistake. We only tested 6 graphics cards using the MSAAx8 and PhysX Normal settings, you kinda get the picture.

Steve, great job, as always.

I reproduced all 3 benchmarks with the 331.65 geforce driver at 1080p on my Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 (2048MB). I don't know if it was due to the slightly lower resolution or performance gains from updating the driver, but I was able to consistently achieve from 18% to 21% higher frame rates than you did. In the last one (MSAA 8x, physx normal), I had 64 fps.

I know you don't have time to retest everything (specially if you're benchmarking Battlefield 4 and AC IV Black Flag) but perhaps you could try just one card and check it with the new drivers.

Suggestion: since you went through the trouble of checking physx also, perhaps you could show us some graphs with dedicated physx too. And also, test something I'm dying to know: is it true that if you dedicate one of your SLI cards to physx, you may get higher frame rate than when just SLIing them?

Already tested with the new drivers, no changes on my end. Are you sure you configured the XML file correctly?

Back