Bcc in OE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone

This is my first post - sorry if I do not explain well

Briefly..... I have DSL now but used a dial up w/ a different ISP for over ten years and never had this problem

I have many complaints that people are not receiving my emails. I beleive I also had other verizon problems early on .....a problem receiving some were being deleted and alos possibly not received by me. I think I have resolved the receipt of email problem but cant remember how........just that I did a google search a couple of months ago and found some cure and seems to be working - but a goodle search did not come up with a good result for sent emails.

I called Verizon DSL and they are trying to blame it on OE saying I have too many emails addresses and and only one identity - i have had this many before (but different computer - chg;d to laptop and DSL simultaneously) and I only have one VZ address and the rest are split between Gmail and a server where I pay to have email

THe most recent complaint came from an email I sent through Gmail and used bcc - I sent it to three but I know one did not receive and another did but had some problems??

I think it MIGHT be when I use bcc and some people receive it and other dont
Sorry I can be more specific but does anyone know a cause/resolution.

Thank you
katiebee

GMail is officially still a Beta-product, and should not be used for 'real' emails.
I don't even want to discuss that piece of garbage called OE.
Sending HTML-messages to people who only want to accept plain-text may also cause emails going 'missing'.
Get Mozilla Thunderbird, it should sort most, if not all, of your problems.

Hi

I just changed my default email to my Verizon email and sent a friend one email with her address in the send and bcc spots and she only got the one with the regular address

Just tested Gmail -> Tbird and Tbird -> Gmail with addressee + same BCC + other BCC.
Both experiments failed (only the direct addressed ones and the different BCCs arrived), leading me to believe that SMTP (the sending part for email) filters out BCC-emails to the same address.
Why would you want to BCC to the same person anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back