Before i proceed to an exorcism i need your opinion!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning this is my first post I`m Athanasios from Greece nice to meet you all.It would be nice to have an answer and i apologise for my bad english we dont speak here a lot :)

So my <<perfect>> pc after 6 months of rock solid stability of perfect compability through the hardware parts suddenly stops working.When i press the power button the fans starts working and thats all.The screen shows -Cable Connected:No Signal- i replace the PSU nothing,i replace the ram again nothing when i replace the graphic card (Gigabyte Ati X800) the system start to work again "Ok the graphic board was faulty i thought" pretty nice.
When i tested my X800 to another pc the computer worked.The conclusion: my computer can play with any graphic card so far but not with my X800 and my X800 can play in any computer but not with my system.The dealer cant take it back because the card is not damaged and it plays perfect and the same thing about my motherboard.I tried all the possible combinations also 4 technicians saw it and its the first time something like this happens.So anything in mind?
Thanks.

Well you best bet (my favoirte answer to solve everything) is to clear cmos by unluping the power cable and removing cmos battery (it looks like a coin). Then after about 10 secs plug the battery in and plug in graphic card and plug it in and see if it works.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Make sure your psu(power supply unit) is capable of running that card.

Take a look at this psu wattage calculator HERE.

Open your case and look at the label on your psu. Tell us the make/wattage and how many amps it gives on the 12volt rail.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thank you too Howard but as i said above it was very stable for 6 months.My system is a 3200+ AMD 64,2x80WD SATA,1 NEC DVDR,2x80 WD IDE,Chaintech VF4 Ultra,Creative Fatal1ty FPS and the Gigabyte Ati X800.
I kept my PSU from my previous computer ENERMAX EG485AX-VHB 2.0V RING CORE
I changed 3-4 PSU bigger/smaller in watts but nothing happened.

I know you said it worked fine for a while , but driver files can go bad/corrupt, or just simply not work from one card to the next..
Also, some drivers (Video especially) do not clear out of a system easily. ATI has a driver removal program.
Is it possible that the version of drivers need an update/rollback ?
I realize that you might have used the same make/model of replacement card, but there can be differences , especially if there is a significant difference in the lot # of the production run.
Just a thought at any rate.

Athanasios said:
When i press the power button the fans starts working and thats all.The screen shows -Cable Connected:No Signal-

Nice thought Liquidlen everything is acceptable at this point.But it doesnt even show the bios and the bios is fully reset.Guys i really appreciate your help buts its very crazy whats happening and im dying for a logic explanation.

My last thought on this matter. Everything I said above , but in relation to a Bios update/rollback!!!!

I'll be willing to bet your PSU died as a result of adding a new card. Most new graphics cards are very power hungry. I wouldn't run any new system with a new card with less than 450W of power.
replace your PSU will a good one and retry. Hopefully you didn't fry anything else.

Athanasios said:
Thank you too Howard but as i said above it was very stable for 6 months.My system is a 3200+ AMD 64,2x80WD SATA,1 NEC DVDR,2x80 WD IDE,Chaintech VF4 Ultra,Creative Fatal1ty FPS and the Gigabyte Ati X800.
I kept my PSU from my previous computer ENERMAX EG485AX-VHB 2.0V RING CORE
I changed 3-4 PSU bigger/smaller in watts but nothing happened.

Its a very simple pc i think if 480 watt is not enough then what it is but except that i changed a few PSU for precaution.

Ok now thank you all people for trying to help me.I appreciate it a lot.My computer finally send to the dealer over 20 technicians work there.When i get an answer ill post here for future same problems.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back