Belkin USB Adapter keeps loosing signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin997

hi there,

i have a belkin "g" usb adapter on my desktop computer, but am having problems with it. I connect to my SKY network, which usually has a good to very good signal at first, but after about 20 minutes the signal strenght deterierates, and it therefore keeps loosing the signal. It can even happen out of the blue when it has a very good signal strengh, then all of a sudden it will loose the signal.

I have a second problem, i want to connect to my SKY network each time, which obviously has the best signal strength, however my computer seems to pick up and try to connect to other networks that it picks up all the time. So how can i set SKY to the only one it connects to and discard the other networks it picks up from next door nieghbours houses.

any help appriciated.

Your question doesn't belong in the Security Forum. But you need to do two things:
1, Call your ISP and report the problem,.
2. Control Panel> Network Connections> Disable any network connections you do not want to be used.

We have seen problems like this from a computer being too close to a refrigerator or other electrical appliance that turns on an off, as well as other power sources.
Take a look around your immediate area... within 100 feet, to see what might be helpful.
I am betting on a problem with the Sky positioning equipment. We have lots of troubles with them in Southern Arizona, and Western Colorado. Get Sky to come out and test

Just had someone on another forum using a 2.8Ghz phone- kept trashing their connection! Moved the phone, problem gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back