Belkin wirelss adapter problems

I have purchased a Belkin Surf&Share wireless usb adapter. It worked for awhile but all of a sudden it wont let me connect to the wireless internet. I am using the adapter on my desktop that has windows XP and connecting to a neighbors internet. when i open the connection it either says it has security or when i click connect it just says "identifying network type" for hours and hours. i know that the connection is not security enabled because i am using it on my lap top right now to type this. please help me.

If still under warranty, or a purchase agreement, return it for a replacement...
Otherwise, you will be fixing it over and over until you trash it...
Alternately, you should try a quick fix, but totally removing the Belkin Software, using a registry editor if necessary to get all of the old install removed.
Then reboot, and reinstall.
Some folks on TechSpot love Belkin... But we find theire are sometimes differences from model to model, and from which part of which country they are purchased.
Belkin does not manufacture these units, as I understand their system, but has them built and packaged under contract. And the ones we get in for repair vary a lot.
If you can trade it for another brand, from where you purchased it, you might be able to expect better luck.

Back