Best choice for sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I'm thinking about gettin some surround sound for my stuff. I want to know what the best choice is for surround sound, being that I want to hook it up to everything. I have a computer, tv, dvd player, and my 3 consoles. I have an AV selector for my consoles so, you can just count those as one connection.
Oh, and my budget is $60 tops. but I'd prefer to spend $30 to $40. I'd appreciate all the help. The real question is will I be able to connect everything to the sound system? Thank you!

you need a surround system speaker setup, a good one will cost you more than $60 (USD). you have to use a surround system cabling scheme. a conventional a/v switch will not give you surround sound should the signal be passed thru there (not enough audio channels)...

Only your computer and DVD will have surround encoding. Perhaps a console if it's a later model one.

Otherwise, the effect you get is just stereo sound pumped out 4 or 5 speakers, not true surround.

And what does that budget cover? Sound card AND speakers AND wireing AND .....? Probably nowhere near enough $$ to setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back