Best LAN Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1_forever

Does anyone have suggestions on the Best LAN Games to play. We hold a Lan day here once a month and play COD, MOH, SOF-2, Quake3, Far Cry, UT-3&4, V8 Supercars and MotoGP-2. Counterstrike was dodgy on the graphics from what I recall but everyone raves over it so maybe we'll give it a try. Halo just won't run well on some mates Pc's to make it viable. If anyone has played others and can recommend them that would be great. Personally I'de have to vote for COD for my favorite MP Game. Just wish they would make a Ghost Recon MP version...

Andrew

Operation Flashpoint & Serious Sam. If you've never played Serious Sam Co-op, you don't know what you're missing.

As long as you don't try and play CS as if its Unreal Tournament you'll love it.. Its the stealth, use of sound and team work that make it so great. Neverwinter Nights is quite a good co-op RPG game if you are going to have the lan regularly.

Serious Sam is a BLAST co-op. Literally...

Serious Sam 2 is a great game, with great graphics, runs very well on older PCs and has tons and tons of enemies and cool weapons.

Thanks guys, I didn't know Serious Sam even had a multiplayer option(must have been to busy shooting to notice) . Battlefield Vietnam sounds good to. It's interesting getting other people views on these types of games. I've included (first time I've put a pic on a post so I hope it works - my photoshop picture joining is a bit woefull though) a pic of our LAN day which is today by the way..lol. Now I've got to find some of those games...

Andrew

Attachments

• lan day-1.jpg
    lan day-1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 33
Hearts :)

Yeh, Serious Sam 2 and Serious Sam 1, UT, and Starcraft are the only games I've ever played on a LAN.

Serious Sam and Serious Sam Second Encounter are awesome for coop gameplay. We played an 8 man coop at my buddy's house the other night. We also played through the entire game when it came out with a 4 player coop - can't say I've had more fun with any coop game ever. But it's only fun 1 time through so set the difficulty up pretty high.

I like the FPS like Unreal Tournmant and Quake 3, where you can just go haywire and let loose.

Whoa! Serious Sam 2 is seriously fast gameplay allright. Not quite as polished as the newer games but it sure makes up for it in sheer intensity. You don't have time to blink with 7 mates shooting everywhere. Just have to stop the motion sickness now..lol

Andrew.

I like Medal Of Honor Allied Assault alot. The graphics are really good and the servers were prettty quick. Only thing I do not like is the fact that you have to use that Gamespy Arcade. Pain in the a$$.

What it all comes down to at a lan is speed. Our lans usually end up including starcraft, but only about one game because it takes too long. With this in mind, I bring you two perfect lan games, crazily high speed and not to difficult to learn... if you're not a *****. For the RTS genre, there is really only one thing I can suggest: Emperor: Battle for Dune. It's incredible speed ensures that within 5 minutes of your first game's start, one player will have been annihilated. Very balanced, but very fast gameplay. For the FPS genre, I give you a free game: Warsow. It is without a doubt the fastest fps there is. It's cell shaded graphics always look very clean, if not amazing, and the space-pun style is quite interesting. But Warsow's main draw is the speed: while you may walk at a slower speed by default than quake or unreal, it is highly unlikely you will be walking: bunny hopping, strafe jumping, rocket jumping, and plasma climbing are the staples of the game. It's not many games in which you see two people moving in opposite directions at 3x walking speed have a midair no-scope sniping firefight. Definitely a valuable addition to your lan games; if you can handle it.

I'd have to say that DEFCON: EVERYBODY DIES is the best LAN game I've ever played, it's very low weight so you don't need an amazing computer to run it, and with a full LAN game you can have massive amounts of fun and destruction as you blow up each others countries.

800px-Defcon_zoomed.jpg

800px-Defcon_world_overview.jpg

800px-Defcon_Pacific_attack.jpg

Alien VS Predator the game modes are really great, the more players the more fun you get from the game.

Counter-Strike: Source

Not really, Source isn't very fun for a small LAN party. If one person out of the 10 or so people who attend your party is the best, he'll just beat everyone. LAN games should be games that are derived around defending yourself in a 1vAll situation, like DEFCON presents. Unreal Tournament has been a good game to play LAN on since the maps are very small and you can just have fun while running and jumping around. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back