Best 'long term reliabilty' mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbeau

This is probably a stupid question, but what the heck.
Would any of the forum elite care to weigh in with their pick of the mobo brand or brands that they feel are the best bet to 'last', running 24/7 without malfunctioning? I suppose this is really just a question of who has the best quality control. Thanks.

ASUS
Gigabyte
Intel
Abit
ASRock

All boards can run 24/7 unless its a defect, heat also is a factor.

Agreed

I agree with F1N3ST on his selection:

However most will agree that Gigabyte is a good board, but in the past I have had nothing but problems with them and havnt baught one in 2 years no matter how tempting the price is.....

Maybe that was just my luck or has changed since Asus baught them out.....

-Asus in my opinion is amoung the finest

- Abit is a quality feature rich board

- Intel also is a quality feature rich board

- ASrock another Asus sub-company is a quality board but most time lacking in features due to the fact that it is meant to be a budget mobo but are priced to sell

- Id like to add BioStar to the list due to the fact they are of excellent quality have decent features for a bugdet board and are super stable.

Brands to stay away from:

ECS- very crappy componants and are known for their unreliability. They look feature rich but sell for $$$ under quality boards with the same options. So stay away no matter how tempting the price.

PCChips - The same company as ECS but are meant to be a less feature rich Budget board....Usually the same PCB reference without the options as ECS.

If i missed anything please feel free to do your thing.....

asus, gigabyte, and intel are pretty much all i use in builds anymore. all 3 have excellent quality, and between the 3 of them i can find a motherboard that meets the customer's needs perfectly. i'm actually becoming an asus junkie, i haven't used an intel or gigabyte board for over a month now...

awhile ago a major capacitor company sold tons of defective capacitors all mobo makers. These would leak over time and buldge. But I think then, all name brands boards tend to be solid in reliability, assuming you get them working in the first place. This is why I stay away from Asus. But I have also heard they too have come around.

I have had good reliability with MSI....

yeah, i remember when their nforce3 board (k8n neo2 i think) was outdoing all the nforce 4 systems when they came out.

2nd that

Yeah I forgot to include them into the list....very nice mobo's

As for the K8N Neo2 Platinum, I had that board and hell yeah it was faster than most NF4 boards, loved the features and stability. Id probably still have it today if it wasnt AGP and had a limited about of SATA connectors.

You could also look into high-end workstation motherboards such as Tyan. They're more expensive than regular boards but I believe you can't get better as far as reliability goes.

yes, tyan makes excellent boards. not to say that there's anything wrong with an asus or gigabyte product, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back