Best PC DVD player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sicarius

I watch movies on my pc. Always have. Now my old dvd player has finally bitten the dust. I can find any reviews on how well one plays a DVD. I can find reviews on DVD-Recorders but not just plain old players. Well I have found a few but they are mostly three years old. I am looking at the new slot pioneer and the newest one Sony has out. Any suggestions? I searched the boards and found some questions but no real advice on the brand of player.

S>

That is really all I wanted to know. The 106s is what I am going to buy. I just thought I would stick this out here and see if anyone said DONT BUY A SLOT THEY ARE JUNK or the same about the Sony. Thanks guys

The search feature is your friend :grinthumb

Sony DVDs are good I know because I have one, I've also heard good things about the new Pioneer slot drives.

Pappy loves his Pioneer 106S slot load DVD drive. It's really great for the impatient lazy people out there like me.

LNCPapa

Ah - you meant DVD-ROM drive, not a player application. I don't think there are big differences between DVD-ROM drives these days, probably just tray or slot type.

Originally posted by LNCPapa
Pappy loves his Pioneer 106S slot load DVD drive. It's really great for the impatient lazy people out there like me.

LNCPapa

Speakin in the third person. lol Those pioneer drives are nice, but i don't see a difference in a slot or tray, its like the difference in a traditional keyboard and one of those spread keyboards, its just personal preference.

Actually Fatteh I type better and it's better for your hands/wrists/elbows/shoulders whatever with the spread keyboards ;)

I'd say a Pioneer 106S is spiffy (not you Spliffmeister), in fact, I'd want one myself...

Right now I've had this same AOpen slot loader for some time, and haven't had a problem with it at all. Also a good brand to watch out for :grinthumb

I once had a Hitachi GD7500 and it was good, and fairly quiet.Now I've got a Samsung SD-616. It's good but damn noisy at times and the access times can be a tad slow...sometimes.

oops...
Both play DVD's quite aptly.
You got a tv-out card?

I have a 16X Pioneer DVD slot-in drive and I must say it's one amazing drive!

I've had it since the year of 2000 I think and it has never ever given me any problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back