Best Website for Custom PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched these forums up and down for something like this... I swear I did :X. I'd like to ask all of your opinions of where would be the best place to create a computer online to my specifications.(I've never been good with the interal components of a computer.. Took me 30 mins to find the spot RAM goes and how to put it in correctly...)

Eddie_42 said:
Personally I did buy from them. And i Regret every minute of it. My case came damaged, wouldn't boot and took them another month to get it back to me (with new scratches and the same parts (i wrote down the serial numbers)). Last PC I bought from a manufacturer.

And yes, tech support licks fuzzy ones, unless your fluent in Indian. I had to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau to get them to service my computer!!

As far as components:
That computer, brand new from NewEgg, would cost ya about $2200

There are some pretty major components in there that i dont know ya need.
The Geforce 8600 - At least get the 8800, more stable and much better in general.

1200W PSU, Quad SLI and 1 Video card - Uber overkill - at least get 2 cards so you can run SLI, and if you really think you need 4 video cards for anything, you wouldn't be looking at a retail store to sell it to ya..you'd be custom building.

The intel is nice yes, but you can save $100 and get a 2.5GHz and not notice. (unless you plan on running Unreal 3, Doom, Oblivion, Warcraft, and Halo at the same time)

Whatever you do....DO NOT USE CYBERPOWER!!! They got shinny adds but you dont want the headache

I searched these forums and this is quite a bad review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back