Bethesda says 'Fallout 4' mod support will arrive on the PC in April

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Bethesda director, designer and producer Todd Howard has revealed that official Fallout 4 mod support will arrive between the first two DLCs. Or in other words, this coming April.

Howard, who made the admission in a recent interview with Game Informer, said people are currently beta testing it. He stressed that they want to get it going on the PC first before bringing it to consoles. As such, it'll probably arrive a month later on Xbox One and hit PlayStation 4 the following month.

As Silicon Angel correctly points out, Fallout 4 already has a pretty significant modding community that has turned out hundreds of mods for Bethesda's award-winning title. Some of the more popular mods include one that revamps the game's dialogue, one that expands on the game's weapons system and even some that introduce nudity.

Up to this point, however, mods have been a bit limited. Once access to the mod creation kit arrives, it'll make it much easier to access and change game files.

Bethesda first revealed that mod support was in the works late last year at the same time it announced Fallout 4 DLC. The company took the wraps off the aforementioned DLC last week, detailing the first of three expansion packs – Automatron, Wasteland Workshop and Far Harbor – that will begin arriving next month and each month thereare.

Permalink to story.

Not even nudity will make me go back to this game, I've completely lost interest in the game after playing for about an hour, money well spent! Oh wait no I didn't. Amazing how much I was looking forward to this game, just to realize I'm not in to the genre anymore.

Back