It's my first post here!

My config.

AMD 1000MHZ
256 meg RAM
Asus A7v133
G4 Ti 4400
SB Live 5.1

i just buy a G4 TI 4400 and i have this probleme,
In Bios, my screen is freak, i see verticaly little dot and f***** charaters, generally i can't boot in windows! Im not alone, other pepole have this probleme, but i never see the solution! I put my G4 MX 420 and all run fine! What the f****** probleme???

Plz tell me a solution im very frustrated!!!

THX

p.s: sorry for my poor english! :(

Your english might not be very good, but your foul language is. ;) Just a reminder - Keep it polite and clean please! There's no need to @#$%$ this and #$% that all the #$% time.

Sounds like a driver problem.

What is the wattage of your PowerSupply? This could also be caused by the video card not getting enough power.

the memory on the cards duff, seen it 1001 times, the Ti4400 is notorious imo, i've used 100's of these at work and MOST go faulty at some stage.

it's not the PSU, promise ya, i've seen it in Sparkle, MSI, PNY, Creative to name a few, and when i've sent the cards back, they've always come back with the fault stating the memory, is in someway buggered :)

there's a very good chance your card is in warranty as most ppl offer long warranty on the things, and they werent around for that long, get it swapped out mate, trust me, you'll be glad you did.

although, the only thing is you never stated whether or not that card has ever worked ?!

and stormbringer, it can't be a driver issue, because he said his BIOS is a mess to, which indicates its happening pre-OS.

He said that his GF4 MX420 ran fine while GF4 Ti4400 is the culprit. The problem even happened in the BIOS.

I had the same problem before;)

Then I didn't know what's the problem, the AGP port or my GF2 MX200, so I brought my com to the shop where I bought. When I ask them how they repaired, they told me that the GF2 MX200 is faulty and they changed a new one. The gfx card failed on me suddenly after 3 months of usage.

I believe your graphic card's the cause. If it's under warranty, go back to the shop where you bought from and change a new one. That's my suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back