Black Ops 2 save game deleted inexplicably

So my brother got Black Ops 2 for Christmas yesterday and started Campaign mode everything saved properly and nothing corrupted or anything then I took out Black Ops 2 and put it back in its case and put in GTA 4 and proceeded to play that then when I was done with playing GTA 4 we popped Black Ops 2 Back in and went to Campaign (which as previously stated was already started and was at like the 4th or 5th mission) and it only displayed on the Campaign select screen new game or options. no updates occurred during that time, I was around the 360 the entire time (as I was playing GTA 4 and watching him play Black Ops 2) so no one touched it or tampered with it in a way that would delete save files (as games were just being played and saved like normal) all other game save files are completely fine and its a legal copy of Black Ops 2 and it was bought legally from a legal game purchasing store (Gamestop to be exact) and we only own one copy of the game, one console, etc. and it wasnt imported so it was the same game, same console, same wires, same tv, same everything. we do not have an external harddrive and only have the option to save in the harddrive that came installed in the 360 (which still has at least 1 Gig of memory space remaining in it) so yeah the save file was just inexplicably deleted for no reason whatsoever (we have never been banned from Live, its not a pre-ordered copy, its only a one disk copy [although I would have liked to get the 2 disk one and got a chance of possibly getting a free copy of Mass Effect 2 since that mishap happened] everything on the console is legal and in working order and nothing is wrong with the console or anything [I dont think its even Red Ringed once] so yeah) how come this happened, the file isnt corrupted its just not there anymore, and what can we do to prevent it from happening in the future? please help

Xboxes same games to the profile of the person logged in. If you use another profile, or forget which you used, you may have 'lost' the savegame this way.

Back