Black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so this is my first post in the forums and I'm not quite sure if this is the right section, if it's not could it please be moved to the right one. Thank you.

So my problem here is that after i booted my pc for the first time after installing all the new components it went to a black screen after showing multiple blue screens of death which all said the same thing which was: "attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed" followed by the string of numbers associated with the BSOD's.

Now when I turn on my pc, the fan on my graphic card doesn't turn on at all anymore, no matter what pci slot i use, I tried onboard graphics which showed up just fine so i doubt it's the motherboard/ram that's causing the problem.

All the parts were less than a week old.

I'll try and give my specs, if there's anything missing please ask for it and I'll try provide them:

Intel i7 920 @2.66 cpu
asus p6t deluxe V2 motherboard
3x2 corsair ddr3 12800 ram
corsair 850W modulair PSU
XFX gtx 260 black edition
(LG blu-ray optical driver)
(Samsung spinpoint f3 1tb hdd)

I also managed to install windows 7 home premium 64 bit just before the errors started occuring.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

That's what i was planning on doing, but I need to be sure that when i get a replacement/fixed one back the same thing doesn't just happen again because of a different component that's broken or perhaps even fried.

I was just hoping to see if someone has had a similair thing happen to him/her or knows whether it could be something else perhaps.

Thank you for the reply though.

One other suspect in such cases (about graphics card dying) may have been an inadequate PSU; which is not the case with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back